Apple has a highly optimized ecosystem to use all of its devices with each other. That means faster operation and better integration not found in other operating systems. It is less common to link an Apple device with another platform, but they do not stop giving cases. For example, you can connect the AirPods to a Windows 11 computer.
These headphones already have been used in other devices, both on Android smartphones and pairing them on the PS5. It is true that it is not the most optimal, since they have a chip (either the W1, H1, etc.) that has a faster recognition and greater synchronization with the Apple computers. However, AirPods can be used for other platforms, such as Windows.
Activate Bluetooth first in Windows 11
The fact of having a wireless connection makes them very comfortable to work with the computer, whatever the environment in which you are. When you have your PC updated and making the leap to Windows 11, you can easily pair the headphones with your computer. Of course, if you had your AirPods connected to Windows 10, you probably won’t have to do anything because that configuration is saved.
The first thing you will have to do is activate Bluetooth on your Windows 11 computer. It is very simple since it is not necessary to enter the device configuration through the device. Using a shortcut, you can quickly get there to activate this connectivity. What you have to do is the following:
- On the taskbar, select the ” Network ” icon. Next, click on the Wi-Fi / Battery / Volume icons.
- A small window will appear with different options. Find and select the Bluetooth button in this quick setting to turn it on or off. When it is a shade bluer, it means that it is activated.
- If you want to set some kind of parameter, you can access its configuration screen. To do this, click on ” Start ” and select ” Settings “. Then tap on “ Bluetooth and devices ” and then turn the connection on or off.
How to connect AirPods to a Windows 11 computer
Just as it is easy to activate Bluetooth on your computer, it is easier to connect the AirPods.
- Access ” Settings ” and enter the ” Bluetooth and devices ” section again.
- Click the ” Add Device ” button.
- Select the device you want to pair from the list. One of the biggest changes compared to previous versions is that it now shows a small image that allows you to differentiate the type of device. So you can know if it is a mobile, a fixed device, headphones or another.
- Click ” Connect ” and accept the pairing request on the other device.
In Windows 11 there is a feature called ‘ Swift Pair ‘, which allows you to send a pairing request automatically to any device with active Bluetooth. Therefore, you may not even need to do all that previous process, as long as you have this function active.
My AirPods won’t connect, how can I fix it?
It is unlikely that there will be any problem when linking both devices, especially in the case of AirPods and a computer with a system as recent as Windows 11. However, in the event of any unforeseen event, you can check various elements in case something fails.
First, check that both devices have Bluetooth turned on. In Windows, you already know how to do it, but in AirPods, you have to press the button on the headphone box to put it in pairing mode. Other than that, keep in mind that they need to be close to finding each other quickly.
If it still does not connect, try disabling and enabling the computer’s Bluetooth so that the search will regenerate. That will probably fix the pairing failure. You can also choose to restart your computer.
And if your PC, despite updating to Windows 11, does not have built-in Bluetooth, there is also a solution. You simply have to install an adapter to receive a Bluetooth signal. It is very inexpensive and easy to install, as it connects via USB. There are several copies to buy online, but we are going to leave you one of the ASUS brands that are below € 10. You will no longer have excuses to connect your AirPods.